Job Forman (Production Team)
March 10, 2011
Program, operate machine and coordinate Day to day operations for Shop floor with other operators. To ensure activities meets production schedules and provide a quality product to customers.
- Liaise with operation staff to determine production needs and scheduling priorities.
- Assist machine operator in set up of program on machines for various different parts to be run on machine & ensuring performance expectations and standards are known and met.
- Provide direction and support to machine operator in process problems, as and when required, for smooth operation of machine to maintain quality & customer schedule ship date.
- Maintain positive employee, and management relations
- Implement operations and production related training programs, training of operations and production staff
- After loading program on machine, if required conducting of quality inspections of product, when first process on part is completed and adjust set up as required.
- Follow OH&S regulations and ensure staff follow proper safety procedures
- Coordinate the service maintenance and repair of equipment and track maintenance schedules and repairs
- Attend daily/weekly production meetings with General Manager and plan machining of parts on priority basis.
- Able to calibrate measuring instruments
- Other related duties as required
- Experience in managing a manufacturing environment including the operations of various machines
- Certified Journeyman machinist with experience in programming
- 5 to 10 years lead hand or supervisory experience
- Supervisory and safety leadership courses are desired
- Self-directed with the ability to encourage and support a high performing team
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and occupational health and safety
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills
Company/Job Specific Training Required:
- Safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge about the business and its product
- WHMIS and Dangerous Goods Transportation Training
- Computer systems
- Familiarity with ISO procedures.
- Accuracy of equipment maintenance, repair or modification records
- Parts, supplies and materials are available for product build specifications
- On-time product and product quality
- Team- leadership
- Primarily indoor industrial work setting
- Occasional all weather on and off-site outdoor work
- Overtime may be required
- Routinely required to lift heavy items
- There is no additional information required for this position