JUNE 15, 2020
To attend to work activities in the shop area as a machine operator, do programming (using Gibbs Cam /other software) and setup of machine for parts to be machined as per drawing attached with Job Traveler
- Understand and comply with all Company Quality/Safety policies, procedures and rules and carrying out all activities including the operation of any machinery in a safe, responsible manner
- Advise management of any unsafe conditions or actions that may pose a danger to them or other workers/customers, actively participate safety meetings when required
- Ensure all required and appropriate PPE be worn at all times
- Maintain clean, tidy work areas and shop equipment, and high standards of workmanship
- Report all broken, damaged, or missing tools and equipment to management
- Ensure parts are machined as specified on the Work Order, Drawings, Specifications, etc
- If any part is having non-conformance/deviation corrects it, if possible by re-running/rework.
- Raise NCR form & red tag part having any non-conformance/deviation and forward to QC for immediate action.
- Ensure equipment is operated in accordance with manufacturers specifications and is not abused
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance of machine
- Handle machined parts with appropriate care, debur and grind finished parts to avoid sharp edges.
- Move material around shop as needed using overhead crane or forklift
- Ensure all parts are written with Job # and HT/Detail # after they are machined for identification and traceability.
- Work with minimal supervision using own initiative
- Other related duties as required
- High school diploma generally required
- Knowledge of machine shop procedures and quality and safety programs
- Certified journeyman or 5 years of experience in machine shop equipment operation
- Familiar with ISO system & knowledge of Computer operation.
Company/Job Specific Training Required:
- Safety and quality policies and procedures
- Knowledge about the business and its products
- Other certifications required:
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Confidentiality, initiative and reliability
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Indoor and outdoor industrial work setting
- Overtime may be required
There is no additional information required for this position